CHAMPAGNE MOREL | Les Riceys, Champagne 

Father and daughter (Pascal and Emilie Morel) in the vineyard.

Father and daughter (Pascal and Emilie Morel) in the vineyard.

In their own words:

Our 8 hectares of vines are planted on slopes, at an altitude of about 300m, and are all south/south-east facing. They grow in the clay-limestone soils that are so characteristic of this unique terroir, guaranteed to produce Pinot Noir grapes of an incomparably fine aroma. 90% of the Morel vineyard is planted to Pinot Noir, the remaining 10% being planted to Chardonnay only.

We focus on the fineness and delicacy, structure and balance, elegance and refinement of our champagnes and our Rosé des Riceys.

Our spirit is also embodied in the desire for environment-friendly and sustainable operation, preserving the vineyard for future generations. Here, natural grass cover is used, the biological life of the soil is respected and preference is given to mechanical working methods rather than chemical. We are certified High Environmental Value (HVE). The certification guarantees that we manage our vineyard with high level of environmental performance.

Coteaux classified as Unesco World Heritage! We are very proud: since 2015, our hillsides, houses and cellars of Champagne are classified UNESCO World Heritage sites.